NAIOP-Drexel Summer Program
NAIOP – Drexel Summer Real Estate Program is open to current high school sophomores and juniors of color, designed to introduce teens to careers in CRE including architecture, development, investment, construction, brokerage and urban planning/design. The experiences are hosted online by Drexel University and sponsored by NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, and corporations interested in helping create a more diverse pipeline for CRE talent. Please see this video for a look at last year’s program.
Thank You to our 2020 Sponsors
Applications are now closed.
The NAIOP-Drexel Summer Program will continue this summer and has been modified into a unique virtual experience. We have planned an exciting, fun, and academically challenging week of activities designed to introduce high-performing high school students of color to the Commercial Real Estate industry (CRE). The program will be delivered over Zoom and utilize other web and smartphone app-based technology for a fully interactive, hands on experience. Students will receive individual exposure to local CRE executives, tours of exciting Philadelphia real estate projects, classroom instruction on multiple relevant topics, and group project activities.
– Program dates: July 6 – July 14, 2020 (no activities on the weekend of 7/11 and 7/12)
– Applications Deadline: June 8, 2020
– Cost: Full scholarships provided for all accepted students
– Eligibility criteria: Open to current high school sophomores and juniors of color interested in Commercial Real Estate. Students must be academically strong, and willing to learn and actively participate in group sessions.
– Attendance: The 2020 program has been modified into a unique virtual experience
– Technology Requirements: Students are required to have computer, webcam and internet access with at least 10 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up (please let us know in the application if you do not have access to either). All software and app platforms provided by Drexel and NAIOP Greater Philadelphia.
– Time commitment: Students should expect to spend 3 – 6 hours engaged in various group activities over Zoom and other platforms each day, plus time preparing for the group project with other team members.
Admission is competitive. Preference is given to students with outstanding GPAs, exceptional standardized test scores (PSAT, ACT, and SAT are considered) and active involvement in extracurricular or community service activities. If you have not yet taken then PSAT or SAT/ACT, you will be required to submit a high school transcript (official or unofficial) to reflect your grades and GPA.
Each student who successfully completes the program will receive:
– Certificate of completion
– Direct contact with top Philadelphia CRE executives, and the opportunity for mentorship
– Resume building skills including PowerPoint and Excel, presentation training, introduction to all aspects of the real estate industry, financial literacy
– Swag – program T-shirts, bags, and other swag mailed to each student’s home
– College-level learning and interaction with Drexel professors and staff
– Insight into the college experience through direct connection with current Drexel students
– Opportunity for week-long winter break or spring break internship with a local commercial real estate company
Questions? Please contact Sarah Maginnis.
Interested in Sponsoring the Program?