2023 Summer Program Sponsorship Opportunities
Applications are now closed for the 2023 NAIOP-Drexel Summer Real Estate Program. This award winning program is open to current high school sophomores and juniors of color, designed to introduce teens to careers in CRE including architecture, development, investment, construction, brokerage and urban planning/design. The experiences are hosted by Drexel University and sponsored by NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, and corporations interested in helping create a more diverse pipeline for CRE talent. The NAIOP-Drexel Summer Program is an exciting, fun, and academically challenging 10-days of activities designed to introduce high-performing high school students of color to the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) industry. Students will receive individual exposure to local CRE executives, tours of exciting Philadelphia real estate projects, classroom instruction on multiple relevant topics, and group project activities.
July 9-18, 2023
Applications submitted by Friday, March 31, 2023 will have priority review and notification of acceptance. Those who apply after March 31, 2023, will be admitted on a rolling basis pending camp availability. **Applications are now closed. Due to a high capacity of applicants, we are not able to accept additional applications beyond March 31.
Full scholarships provided to all accepted students
Open to current high school sophomores and juniors of color interested in Commercial Real Estate.
The 2023 program will be hosted at Drexel University. Students will arrive on July 9 and must stay on Drexel University’s Campus for the duration of the program.
Admission is competitive. Preference is given to students with outstanding GPAs, exceptional standardized test scores (PSAT, ACT, and SAT are considered) and active involvement in extracurricular and/or community service activities.
Each student who successfully completes the program will receive
– Certificate of completion Direct contact with Philadelphia’s top CRE executives, and the opportunity for ongoing mentorship.
– Resume building skills including; presentation preparation, public speaking, financial literacy, PowerPoint/Excel and a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of the real estate industry.
– Drexel University and corporate swag.
– College-level learning and interaction with Drexel professors and staff. Insight into the college experience through direct connection with current Drexel students.
– Opportunity for an internship with local commercial real estate companies.
Questions? Please contact Sarah Maginnis.