The NAIOP-Drexel Summer Program
The Gold Standard for an Award-Winning Program
This award winning program is open to rising high school juniors and seniors and designed to introduce underrepresented populations to Commercial Real Estate (CRE) careers including architecture, engineering, construction, brokerage, development and finance. The experiences are hosted by Drexel University and sponsored by NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association. The NAIOP-Drexel Summer Program is an exciting, fun, and academically challenging 10-days of activities where students will receive individual exposure to local CRE executives, tours of exciting Philadelphia real estate projects, classroom instruction on multiple relevant topics, and group project activities.
NAIOP-Drexel Summer Program Details
Applications submitted by Friday, March 22, 2024 will have priority review and notification of acceptance. Those who apply after March 22, 2024, will be admitted on a rolling basis pending camp availability.
Each student who successfully completes the program will receive
- Certificate of completion Direct contact with Philadelphia’s top CRE executives, and the opportunity for ongoing mentorship.
- Resume building skills including; presentation preparation, public speaking, financial literacy, PowerPoint/Excel and a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of the real estate industry.
- Drexel University and corporate swag.
- College-level learning and interaction with Drexel professors and staff. Insight into the college experience through direct connection with current Drexel students.
- Opportunity for an internship with local commercial real estate companies.
Applications are now OPEN for the 2024 NAIOP-Drexel Summer Real Estate Program.
July 14-23, 2024
Full scholarships provided to all accepted students
Open to current high school sophomores and juniors of color interested in Commercial Real Estate.
The 2024 program will be hosted at Drexel University. Students will arrive on July 14 and must stay on Drexel University’s Campus for the duration of the program.
Admission is competitive. Preference is given to students with outstanding GPAs, exceptional essay and standardized test scores (PSAT, ACT, and SAT are considered) and active involvement in extracurricular and/or community service activities.
Please contact Sarah Maginnis.
2024 Summer Program Sponsorship Opportunities
Will be available soon.
2022 Residential Program Video